Lynda.com is the most popular computer-skill educational site online, offering tens of thousands of straightforward, comprehensive instructional videos. The website offers a subscription-based service called the Online Training Library®, as well as CD- and DVD-based video training spanning hundreds of courses and thousands of topics that provide computer and technology skills. From professional software tools including Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Logic, Illustrator and Office, to consumer-friendly education about digital photography, Web design, digital video, and many others, lynda.com’s all-star team of trainers and teachers provides comprehensive and unbiased video-based training to a global membership of tens of thousands of subscribers. Members have access to over 53,000 movies in the Online Training Library®, and non-members can sample thousands of training tutorials for free.
Lynda.com provides unlimited online courses to Higher Colleges of Technology students, faculty and staff.
Steps to remember before you click on the ‘Access Lynda.com’ button below:
- Find the Lynda.com entry and click on Access Now?.
- If you are on campus you will be taken directly to the Lynda.com landing page.
- If you are off-campus you will be presented with an HCT Off-Campus log in page that asks for your user name and password.
- Please enter your HCT log in credentials.
- The lynda.com landing page should say “UAE Library Consortium Login”.
- Enter your information and click the log in button?.
(Please note: If you have never created an account with Lynda.com you should click on “New to Lynda.com” As HCT user accounts have not been automatically created, if this is your first time accessing Lynda.com, you will need to create a new account.)
Once you have access to Lynda.com please use their tutorial to familarize yourself with how Lynda.com works. The tutorial can be found by hovering your mouse over support (located in the top right hand corner) and clicking “how to use lynda.com” or by going to this URL.