Professional Development Framework
What is offered?
Workshops, seminars, training programs and other professional development for faculty and staff.
We offer a variety of training venues and options to assist faculty and staff in acquiring or updating the skills and tools necessary to effectively utilize learning technologies and blended-learning options at HCT.
Contact us to set up in-person or online training programs for your group or department.
We offer a range of online training opportunities for HCT faculty and staff. This includes individual self-paced Blackboard training modules, as well as asynchronous professional development on topics such as:
- How to use various Blackboard tools.
- How to use various iPad apps in the classroom.
- How to design a high quality blended-learning course.
- How to manage effective online discussions.
- How to integrate Web 2.0 tools effectively into instruction.
- And more…
A special program of teachers presenting to teachers. Teachers who are using an educational technology tool uses the online virtual seminar tool, Blackboard Collaborate, to present to other teachers. This is a kind of online ‘brown bag’ session for teachers. Any teacher, staff or student is welcome to attend one of these. Guests are also welcome and only need email us for guest access.
Learn more and see the upcoming talks by clicking here.
HCT has created a new Apple work area for teachers.
The iResource Centres offer the following training options for interested faculty and staff:
- Creating ePub eBooks (which can be read on multiple digital devices.)
- Using iBooks to create eBooks for the iPad
- iPads for Production
- Effective use of the iPad
- How to use iPad Tools
- Use of Mac software for the iPad (Keynote, Garageband, etc).
Click here to contact us, and submit your questions or training requests.