Sarah has recently joined the team as Senior Project Manager: Mobile Learning Professional Development. She was the Program Chair for Foundations at Ras Al Khaimah Women’s College and has been with HCT since 2008. She has over 15 years of English language teaching experience and is highly focused on integrating technology in the classroom in order to enhance learner engagement and language retention. She has a special interest in mobile learning and interactive video games. She was actively involved in the initial implementation of the iPad into the Foundation’s program, was one of the original iChampions and became a certified Apple Professional Development trainer last June.
- ACTIVE PEDAGOGY IN THE MLEARNING ECOSYSTEM
(Co-presented with Dr. Jace Hargis and Dr. Cathy Cavanough)
Annual HCT Conference, Dubai Women’s College (HCT), September 2012
- TEACHER KIT – An all-in-one app for teachers.
iCelebrate 2, Abu Dhabi Women’s College – Khalifa City (HCT), December 2012
- VIDEO GAMES IN EDUCATION?
iCelebrate, Abu Dhabi Women’s College – Khalifa City (HCT), June 2012
- IPAD AND THE MOBILE LEARNING MOVEMENT
RAK Women’s College (HCT), Several sessions between August 2012 and February 2013
- How to Create Instructional Videos
RAK Women’s College (HCT)/Fujairah Women’s College (HCT), August 2013/October 2013
- ITUNES U – How to Create an iTunes U course
RAK Women’s College (HCT), February 2013
- IPAD 101 – Using the iPad in the Classroom
RAK Women’s College (HCT), Frequent sessions between May 2012 and April 2013
- PIXAR VIDEOS FOR READING AND WRITING
RAK/Fujairah Conference, Ras Al Khaimah (HCT), May 2011
- LEARN ENGLISH WITH NANCY DREW AND THE HARDY BOYS
eLearning in Action Conference, Sharjah Women’s College (HCT), April 2010