Peter joined the Dept Of Planning & Inst’l Effectiveness in 2012 to the newly created position of Manager of Applied Learning. Peter, from Abu Dhabi Men’s College, brings with him a wealth of experience and expertise to his new role. He has a proven track record of organising, developing and managing Independent Learning Centres and in his new role will provide direction, guidance and support to the Independent Learning Centres across the colleges.
His efforts have been rewarded at the highest level:
- 2004 Finalist at the UAE Educational IT Challenge
- 2006 Chair Academy’s International Exemplary Leader Award
- 2006 Finalist at the UAE Educational IT Challenge
- 2007 HCT Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Achievement
- 2008-9 HCT Nikai Faculty Award in Excellence in Innovative Teaching
- 2012 Finalist at the du UAE Social Media Awards
- Waters, P. (2010). HCT Al Rawi i-Read. Retrieved from http://www.hct.ac.ae/files/2011/02/alrawi_jan10.pdf
- Waters, P. (2010). A class of its own. Abu Dhabi Men’s College Library & Learning Centre book. Retrieved from http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1198813
- Waters, P. (2009). I-Read, you read. Gulf News. October 18, 2009. Retrieved from http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/education/i-read-you-read-1.515865
- Waters, P. (2009). Emerging technology photoblogs: Every picture tells a story. TESOL Arabia Perspectives.
- Waters, P. (2008). Why we love the ILC. ADMC Quest Magazine (3rd ed). Nov 2008.
- Waters, P. (2006) contribution to (Eds.) Dixon, D and Baba, H. Independent Learning Schemes: A Practical Approach. TESOL Arabia Publications: Dubai. Retrieved from http://ilearn.20m.com/news/bookpub.htm
- Waters, P. (2004). Free learning styles inventories on the net. Learner Independence Special Interest Group TESOL Arabia Conference Newsletter. Retrieved from http://sites.google.com/site/tailearn/Newsletternov04.doc
- Waters, P. (2005). e-Lated with e-Tasks. HCT’s Al Rawi Online. 14 Dec 2005. Retrieved fromhttp://www.hct.ac.ae/staffnews/archive/2005/1205/141205.htm