Embedding a PowerPoint Presentation in Blackboard
Embedding a PowerPoint presentation into your Blackboard course provides the students with a more visually appealing course design. It is also the easiest way to share updates to the presentation with your students since any changes made will automatically be updated in the presentation in your Blackboard course. This makes it the most efficient way to share PowerPoint presentations with your students.
Below are the steps required to embed a PowerPoint presentation in your Blackboard course. If you are not familiar with Office 365 yet, we highly recommend that you take the introductory course called ‘Collaborating Online with Office 365’.
2. Open the PowerPoint file you wish to share online, not from your computer.
3. Click on File.
4. Click on Share and choose Embed.
5. Choose the size you wish to display and copy the embed code.
6. Go to the area of your Blackboard course that you want to add the presentation, hover over Build Content and click on create Item.
7. Name the item appropriately and click on HTML.
8. Paste the embed code and click on Update.
9. It is a good idea to add a note for your students telling them that they need to be logged into Office 365 with their HCT email address and password to view the presentation. Then click Submit.
10. Your Presentation is now viewable as an embed in Blackboard.
Note: your students still have the option to download a copy of the PPT or print a PDF version if they wish.
Download the PDF Version of the Instructions
Want to embed a Word Document or Excel File?
Just follow the exact same steps using Word or Excel instead.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Nearpod’s quiz tool is a great way to int...
- When it comes to conducting online classes, the...
- I mentioned in a previous entry that running sy...
- Communities of Practice (CoPs), first outlined ...
- As you already know, every faculty member and s...
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- March 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- September 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012