Create a customised banner for your Blackboard Course
Teachers can easily create personalised banners for their Blackboard Courses. You don’t need to use advanced graphics tools to design banners for your courses in Blackboard Learn. The following post shows you how to quickly and easily create your own course banner.
What you need:
If you know how to use PowerPoint and Blackboard, you can follow these three easy steps to create a custom banner with images, text, colors, clip art, etc. on each of your Blackboard courses. And it is very EASY!
To create your own personalised Blackboard course Banner:
1. Open PowerPoint
2. Go to Page Setup area
(If you are using Powerpoint 2013 go to Design tab > Click on Slide size drop-down arrow > and choose the Custom option)
3. Under the Slide Size drop-down, select Banner.
5. After you click OK, design your banner with your choice of background colors, designs, text, images, clip art, etc.
Saving your Banner
1. Save your file. [NOTE: Spaces in file names are not recommended when uploading files into Blackboard]
2. In the Save as type drop-down list, choose GIF or JPEG.
Choose GIF if you used clip art or only text.
Choose JPEG if you used photos.
Uploading your Banner to your Blackboard Course
1. Go to the Control Panel of your course in which you wish to add this course banner.
2. Under Customization, click on Teaching Style > Scroll down to Select Banner.
3. Click the Browse My Computer button, select your file, and click Open.
4. Click Submit to add your banner to your course.
5. To view your banner, go to the course entry point for your course. You may need to refresh your browser if the new course banner does not appear.
TIP: If you prefer to use a different image editing software, a good size for the banner is 600 x 100 pixels at 72 dpi resolution
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Nearpod’s quiz tool is a great way to int...
- When it comes to conducting online classes, the...
- I mentioned in a previous entry that running sy...
- Communities of Practice (CoPs), first outlined ...
- As you already know, every faculty member and s...
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- March 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- September 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012