Blackboard Tools to Enhance Teaching
The Ed Tech Innovations team has mapped these desirable teaching and learning practices onto HCT’s LMS tools (Bb Vista 8 and/or Bb Learn 9.1) to demonstrate the potential of the VLE to enhance teaching and learning practices.
The following examples of good academic practice using e-learning are outlined below to support Policies 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 (refer to Policy GPXXXX document for more information):
Supporting Policies 3.1:
- Provision of online study guides (in addition to the course outline)
- Using HCT’s Learning Management Systems’ (Bb Vista 8 and/or Bb Learn 9.x) tools such as ‘Announcements’ and the ‘Calendar’ to remind students of learning outcomes and the learning activities associated with them.
- Provision of a range of ‘Web links’ associated with learning activities, for example links to discipline-specific web sites
- Creating / making available online exercises, simulations, past papers / mock questions / model answers
- Links to e-books and articles in e-journals.
- Involving students in online discussions / blogs / chat on specific topics
- Case studies / assignments / wikis for online group work.
- Online assignment submission
- Online feedback
- Online glossary of subject-specific terminology.
- Variety of online learning resources: graphics, photos, podcasts, video clips, audio clips, links to YouTube (Mashups), links to case studies and simulations.
- Choice from list of online assignments
- Choice from range of additional online learning resources.
- Summary postings by means of the ‘Discussion’ tool
- Personal ‘Mail’ tool messages
- Self-assessment quizzes
- ‘Assignment’ tool grade comments
- Video / audio recording feedback
- Use of the ‘My grades’ tool
- Model answer essay
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s).
- Evaluation questions by means of surveys
- Personal blog postings that could be shared with the Faculty
- ‘Discussion’ tool messages to review learning progress
- Formative self-assessment quiz to ‘deepen’ student understanding on particular topic/s
- Use of the ‘My grades’ tool so students can reflect on their own progress.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Think-Pair-Share (TPS) is the Swiss Army Knife ...
- Well done to you and your students surviving th...
- The One-Minute Essay is an easy to implement re...
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- March 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- September 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012